[jakartaee-tck-dev] How can we best make the EJB30 tests that use Corba optional but still require other non-Corba tests to be run?

Hi,

Currently the only way to make Corba tests optional is to move the Corba tests into separate (test client) packages.  This is looking to be a likely longer path approach (messy/fragile/likely-to-break-something).

At this point, I think the quicker/easy to make changes would be:

1.  Introduce a new way to ignore the Corba tests that are contained with other tests, so that we do not have to refactor a lot of EJB abstract classes.  Perhaps via a system property setting that causes the Corba using tests to just return.
2.  Remove use of Corba which doesn't (best) meet the Platform requirement to have Corba be optional.

I'm leaning toward trying to explore #1 but am open to suggestions?  I'm not yet sure of where the system property would be set exactly and by whom.  I'm expecting that code like ResourceBeanBase#testOrb() [1] could return immediately if the (not yet named) system property indicates that Corba tests should be excluded.

Other ideas?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/ejb30/common/annotation/resource/ResourceBeanBase.java#L405

Back to the top