Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta 10.1?

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 6:45 PM Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personal view only.

I am hugely in favour of Jakarta EE 11:
- requiring Java 17 as a minimum
- removing all support for SecurityManager

From the last platform call that seems to be the direction most people were thinking.

I don't see much benefit in 10.1 as described so far. Given how much
effort a release seems to require, I'd rather see that effort focused on 11.

They would very likely be done in parallel, and it would take some of the effort away from Jakarta EE 11. That is, reducing the chances that at the last moment with everything else being ready, the platform release is hold up because of security manager issues.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top