[jakartaee-platform-dev] Core Profile Dependencies: CDI Lang Model for CDI Lite?

Hi,

I'm putting together a simple demo for a Build Compatible Extension.
When I call ClassConfig.into() in an @Enhancement-annotated extension method, I get the following message:

java: cannot access jakarta.enterprise.lang.model.declarations.ClassInfo
  class file for jakarta.enterprise.lang.model.declarations.ClassInfo not found

My pom file has this dependency:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>jakarta.platform</groupId>
            <artifactId>jakarta.jakartaee-core-api</artifactId>
            <version>10.0.0</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

If I add the following dependency, everything works fine.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>jakarta.enterprise</groupId>
            <artifactId>jakarta.enterprise.lang-model</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.1</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

Shouldn't the enterprise lang model dependency be pulled in transitively by CDI?
Or do we have to list it explicitly in the Core Profile to have it included in the JAR?
I don't think the application developer should be required to add this dependency separately.

Ivar
--

Ivar Grimstad

Jakarta EE Developer Advocate | Eclipse Foundation Eclipse Foundation - Community. Code. Collaboration.

Back to the top