Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Assumption that WAR can contain SE service files (for CDI extensions) causes TCK failures

Hi

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 11:40 PM Emily Jiang via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The classes under web-inf/classes make up the core war archive. It should be treated as an archive. You can load the META-INF/services directly from the war archive.

Yes, though the war archive is still different from the jar, if only for things like it having a WEB-INF/beans.xml as well. Simply put, GF in its deployments goes through the archive types; ear, war, ejb jar, rar, library jar, etc, and there's some code for each of them. Seemingly the original authors never took into consideration the idea that a war could be an archive having only an extension and not being a BDA.

The new tests test for this, although it's not specified that this should be possible. Nevertheless, since we all agree I think that it should work, I'll indeed try to make it work in GF.

I do wonder if other servers will also hit this. Did OpenLiberty already pass?
yes, Open Liberty has passed all CDI TCKs already.

Okay, that's great news. Thanks Emily.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top