[jakartaee-platform-dev] Running JSONP TCK in a container

As part of the Core Profile TCK I am experimenting with running the JSONP/JSONB TCKs within the Core Profile compatible implementation being tested. I used a simplified version of what was done in the Jakarta Batch TCK to pull the Junit5 tests into a shrink-wrap archive that can be used by a managed/remote Arquillian container. The current in progress Core Profile TCK repo can be found here:
https://github.com/jakartaredhat/core-profile-tck.git

In that repo, https://github.com/jakartaredhat/core-profile-tck/tree/main/jsonp-tck-ext contents has the Arquillian extension to bundle the JSONP TCK.

An example of how this would be used is this maven runner for WildFly:
https://github.com/jakartaredhat/wf-core-tck-runner.git

Each profile in the pom.xml runs a different standalone TCK in a WildFly container. The jsonp-tck profile passes save for this challenged test:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp/issues/377

It works, but it is a bit tedious to setup the dependencies to avoid CNFEs and related errors on the server, which are also not propagated back well. I just view this as more prototyping for input into requirements around the next generation TCK effort.

Scott

Back to the top