Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [cu-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Removing Concurrency TCK tests from platform repository

On 2/25/22 11:04 AM, Kyle Aure wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks for all the feedback.
Since the last update to this topic both of the outstanding issues brought up on removing the Concurrency TCK from the platform-tck have been contradicted.
I agree, I did give the impression that a Standalone TCK must include Java SE tests and that is not true, thanks for pointing this contradiction out!  :-)

A mechanism for repeating tests to run within an EJB and JSP class (currently only using servlets). Related Issue: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/issues/178
In this case, I was brief in my description of what has been moved from the platform TCK to the standalone TCK.
What I meant to say was that we did not port over the "vehicle" test infrastructure, since the only tests that used that feature were the API tests which only tested method return values and exception paths which do not depend on where they run to verify.
So for now all the API tests are only running on servlets.
However, we do still have EJB and JSP tests for the code paths where that matters, such as context propagation.

A mechanism for choosing to run tests in a Java SE vs Jakarta EE Environment. Related Issue: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/issues/179
 For this issue, it was pointed out that the Platform Concurrent TCK never ran against Java SE and so we should not be expected to run against Java SE as part of the Standalone Concurrent TCK.

I responded on the issue https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/concurrency-api/issues/179 that it is perfectly fine for a Standalone TCK to only include Jakarta EE container testing.

 So the question is now, can we move forward with removing the Concurrency TCK tests from the platform repo? Related PR: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/816

+1 but only after it has been reviewed to check for potential issues.

Scott

Thanks, everyone for your time,
Kyle Jon Aure