[jakartaee-platform-dev] Quick observation: cdi-api 4.0.0.Beta3 in Maven Central but not its depndency el-api 5.0.0

I had one more question/observation in light of the recent "Pushing RCx or Mx to maven central" thread.   (I still haven't made it all the way through so apologize if this exact point was already noted.)

The  CDI API 4.0.0.Beta3 POM  https://search.maven.org/artifact/jakarta.enterprise/jakarta.enterprise.cdi-api/4.0.0.Beta3/jar  has a dependency on jakarta.el:jakarta.el-api:jar:5.0.0
However a search https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/jakarta/el/jakarta.el-api/     show this 5.0.0 version is not in Maven Central... only 5.0.0-RC1

OK..that's easy enough to work around with the Jakarta staging repo.

But I'm just going to stop and admit my ignorance here.   I'd thought that the Maven Central processes would prevent the cdi-api artifact from getting released/synched to Maven Central.

Now I'm coming to the conclusion that the Sonatype processes must only check the dependencies are resolvable from the Jakarta repo... and it is up to the artifact owner to make sure that its dependencies are in Maven Central before synching (as a best practice, good Maven citizen, etc.).

Not trying to criticize the CDI team as I'm sure this was viewed as a relatively temporary artifact.. just didn't realize this is how it worked and thought I'd stop and write this up separately here.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx