Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Batch+CDI integration: proposal to continue NOT injecting CDI beans into non-bean Batch artifacts

While I understand and agree with the need to align with CDI, I think it's a step too far in the wrong direction to insist that everything must be CDI beans for simple injection to work (which in my experience is really all that is needed in the majority of Batch, Servlet, JAX-RS, WebSocket, etc use cases).

That was the rationale behind a technical and user focused decision at the platform level - an open, well-vetted and transparent decision based on consensus in the Java EE platform expert group that I myself was part of.

That does not mean that the consensus today could be different.