From: "Brian Stansberry" <brian.stansberry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "jakartaee-platform-dev" <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions" <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Redefine what Priority annotation means across Jakarta EE specifications
Date: Tue, Nov 9, 2021 09:42

So, AIUI the Solution C idea of a new annotation would result in Interceptors/CDI/JAX-RS continuing to support @Priority in EE 10 with the EE 8/9 semantics, and then also support the new one?

A solution like that that preserves existing behavior sounds good.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 6:09 AM Emily Jiang via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As promised in last week's Jakarta EE platform call, I have created this doc to list the problem with the annotation of @Priority on Jakarta Annotations specification and proposed a few solutions for further conversation. Please take a look at the doc and comment on this thread on which solution do you prefer. Additionally, if you have other solutions, please add it to the doc.

--
Thanks
Emily

Brian Stansberry