Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] module-info tests

Sorry for the gaps in responses.  Still trying to get my head around it fully before I make any comments.

What is our goal:

 a. Anyone who produces a Jakarta EE API jar can have a module-info or no module-info at all.  If they have a module-info, the contents of that module-info are up to them and how they build their API jars.  Users who rely on that module-info are relying on behavior that's specific to that producer's API jar.

 b. Anyone who produces a Jakarta EE API jar can have a module-info or no module-info at all.  If they have a module-info, the contents of that module-info should be identical to the module-info of any API jars produced by others.  Users who rely on the module-info are relying on behavior that's guaranteed to be the same regardless of who produces the API jar, provided that producer opts to have a module-info in their API jar.

 c. Anyone who produces a Jakarta EE API jar must have a module-info.  The contents of that module-info should be identical to the module-info of any API jars produced by others.  Users who rely on the module-info are relying on behavior that's guaranteed to be the same regardless of who produces the API jar.

It sounds like from BJ's comments it could be either B or C, likely not A.

-David