Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] : Re: The location of module-info.java and muti release jar

The dependency injection-api and bean-validation are also widely used outside of Jakarta containers and would want to keep SE 8 support. So it seems like we want to have api jars not making feature changes compiled with source/target of 8 with a root module-info.class compiled with source/target of 9 rather than using a multi-release jar.

So I see the following from the maven-compiler page:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/module-info.html

Which has two explicit executions specified. I tried out the JAF api build which is producing the same output, but it only has one execution explicitly stated:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaf/blob/master/api/pom.xml

Running in verbose mode I do see two executions of the compiler running, just not sure how that is happening.