[jakartaee-platform-dev] The location of module-info.java and muti release jar

Since we are on the topic of module-info, I observed different specifications doing different things as far as the location goes. Also, some spec produces multi-release jar such as Injection spec (see here).

I was told some other specs just place module-info.class under root and do not produce a multi release jar as module-info.class will be ignored by Java 8 (the api jar compiled at Java 8). This is a cleaner way to do it.

Can we define a convention for this? I know EJB is trying to add module-info as well and a long conversation is happening(see this PR). We really need to sort it out on the platform level.

--
Thanks
Emily

Back to the top