Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removal of CORBA related APIs in EE10

> On Oct 4, 2021, at 10:50 AM, Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We punted on the issue of actually removing the CORBA related API requirements like IDL, PortableRemoteObject in 9.1. Are we already to remove this in EE10?

Early in 9.1 we actually tried to be more aggressive and remove requirements for PortableRemoteObject.narrow, but it turned out to still be a necessity as many implementations still use CORBA/IIOP as their protocol and require this step and all related compatibility constraints for remote EJBs to work.

I think we've removed as much as we can remove.

-David

Back to the top