From:        "Scott Marlow" <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/03/2021 15:59
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Question about meaning of `initialize-in-order` when application deployment may be multi-threaded...
Sent by:        "jakartaee-platform-dev" <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
I am trying to understand the original purpose of `initialize-in-order` [1] which seems likely to be implementation specific.  It is pretty clearly written to assume that top/sub modules are deployed in a specific ordering that the user specifies but there are no Jakarta EE Platform requirements that a single deployment thread is used, so its not really clear how [1] should be accomplished when multiple threads are used for deployment.
Do any EE implementations that handle deployment via multiple threads also support `initialize-in-order` [1] controlling the order that the multiple threads deploy each (sub)module in?
Scott
[1] https://jakarta.ee/specifications/platform/8/platform-spec-8.html#a3201_______________________________________________
jakartaee-platform-dev mailing list
jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx