Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta EE 10 Release Plan *Draft*

Hi,
We had a good discussion on the Platform call yesterday.  Thanks to everyone for participating.

I've updated the Google doc for the Jakarta EE 10 Release Plan.  I think I have addressed the comments that were in the document plus what was discussed on yesterday's call.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U24VmTzAfXcn3WBnVcolb8vhZO-Pnk_bit0CKh_d2jM/edit#

After the call yesterday, Scott Stark commented on our JPMS strategy and wondered whether "open modules" is a viable option.  He is also questioning the automatic module usage restriction.  I just don't have enough background on JPMS to properly respond.  I'm hoping other experts will be able to participate in the discussion so that we can close down our JPMS requirements.

We also have one more outstanding question about whether Concurrency 3.0 should be added to Web Profile 10.  This is being discussed on this other thread.

We'll try to get these items finalized, create some PRs, and get voting on this Release Plan next week.  Thanks again!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)