Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [BALLOT] Java SE version requirement for EE10

"vote" : {
  "order": ["Opt1", "Opt2", "Opt3"],
  "committer": false
}

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 7:41 PM Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Let's try a contingent vote (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_vote) on the topic of what the Java SE requirements are for the EE10 release. In a contingent voting scheme you order the choices from most preferred to least preferred. Anyone can vote, we can decide how we want to prioritize/filter non-committer votes once we have the data.

The ballot will run until the midnight GMT on June 21 so that we can discuss the results on the June 22 platform meeting. That gives a little less that two weeks.

We have 3 options:

Opt1. Java SE 11 as source/language level and binary level for all API jars. Compatible implementations are free to pass TCKs using any Java SE version at 11 or higher.

Opt2. Java SE 11 as source/language level and Java SE 17 as binary level for all API jars. Compatible implementations are free to pass TCKs using any Java SE version at 17 or higher.

Opt3. Java SE 17 as source/language level and binary level for all API jars. Compatible implementations are free to pass TCKs using any Java SE version at 17 or higher.

To cast your vote, use the following JSON syntax, for example, if I was favor Opt1 first, Opt3 second and Opt2 third:

"vote" : {
 "order": ["Opt1", "Opt3", "Opt2"],
"committer": true
}

Set the committer value based on whether you are a current Jakarta-platform committer.