Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] JPMS requirements discussion

On Jun 8, 2021 at 2:46:27 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/06/2021 04:11, Scott Stark wrote:
The "We need to define the JPMS strategy for EE10 and beyond" issue:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/329
<https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/329>

Has a number of comments. My takeaway from the thread is that we need to
focus on:

 1. Do we required that specification API jars provide a
    module-info.class description?

If we want the JARs to be usable in a JPMS environment, which I assume
we do, then the answer has to be yes.

This is not technically true. A jar that is a  named auto-module (manifest) is certainly usable in a JPMS environment. I would argue the more sensible permission mappings make it significantly more usable.

-Jason

Back to the top