Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: JPMS requirements discussion

On Jun 8, 2021 at 8:42:55 AM, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/8/21 9:46 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 08/06/2021 04:11, Scott Stark wrote:
[..]

>  1. Do we required that specification API jars provide a
>     module-info.class description?

If we want the JARs to be usable in a JPMS environment, which I assume
we do, then the answer has to be yes.

+1

>  2. If yes, what are the requirements for the module-info.class
> description?

That is defined in the JLS isn't it? (Roughly name plus appropriate
directives for requires, exports, opens, uses and provides.)

I think this is more about the naming convention to be used.

There are also gritty details about whether version information must be required in the build of the module (something that Maven compiler plugin does by default as of 3.8.1), when transitive and static requires statements should be used, etc.

Back to the top