Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Decomposing the current TCK into truly standalone modules and adding composition support

+1
thanks,
Emily

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 12:07 AM Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the main technical debt problems with Jakarta EE is the lack of TCK functionality existing at the appropriate level. We have 'standalone' TCKs embedded in the platform TCK repository and we have separate TCK projects like CDI that have testing requirements for servlets, ejbs, etc.

There needs to be a clean dependency graph for a release that allows for specifications, APIs and TCKs to be released in a linear, directed graph manner without cycles.

One key part of this is having the specification TCK source associated with specification and deliverable in a form that allows for composition into a larger profile TCK.

Right now it looks like  we only have JavaTest (https://github.com/openjdk/jtharness), TestNG (https://testng.org/doc/) being used by TCKs. I know many project are switching to use Junit5.

I can't say I have expertise in any of these, so it seems we should find a proponent of each framework to do a proof of concept on how each might be used to accomplish these goals. I'll see if I can find someone for TestNG or Junit5.