Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Additional profiles

Speaking of scanning, that ought to be a spec in of itself at this point, so the entire application gets scanned once and all of the various APIs can make use of that scan data, servlet would definitely benefit from this. That would be a good extension to the core profile, which I quite like the name of.

Looking back to David's original premise though, it appears that we're less creating novel profiles and more just segmenting the existing ones and building up. Is this a situation where web profile would rely upon a specific version of a specification or a version of a core profile?

I do support separately releasing profiles.

Jesse