From: jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of David Blevins
Sent: 17 March 2021 00:44
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Release profiles independently

I think the key thing to call out is that this thread has quickly become about simply more profiles, not necessarily releasing them separately.  In fact the first responses suggest it be "as part of Jakarta EE 10", which means it's locked in the same release cycle as the Platform and Web Profile.  I'm not aware of anyone who has *not* had the idea of more profiles :)

Responding on the topic of profiles actually being separate released, the main thing we'd have to be aware of is we'd no longer be able to say "Jakarta EE 10", or "Jakarta EE 11".  Those days would be over.  We'd instead have "Jakarta EE Platform 10.2, Jakarta EE WebProfile 11 and Jakarta EE Cloud Profile 14 have been released!"

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

-David