Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Release profiles independently

> On Mar 16, 2021, at 6:26 PM, Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I think these are very hypothetical concerns not worrying that much about. Every specification/feature that is part of a smaller profile will in all practical likelihood also be a part of the full profile. Therefore there will likely transitively be a full profile release anyway, especially since that’s what a majority of Jakarta EE products still support in the foreseeable future. This is also more likely due to the fact that Jakarta EE releases will also likely be needing to catch up with Java SE releases, so there is value to doing exactly what was done for Jakarta EE 9.1 platform wide whenever the opportunity arises.
>
> The only way this makes sense is if the full profile implementations really do not wish to stay that up-to-date and that seems pretty far-fetched. With some notable exceptions, full profile implementations seem to actually even stay up-to-date with MicroProfile and Java SE.

I tend to agree.  Having them be actually release separately was a popular perspective on this morning's Platform call, so hopefully those people can speak up.  It's in the subject, so ideally it can be discussed and adopted or put to rest.

-David

Back to the top