Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] How to best reach out to implementation teams to ask for their input regarding their use of TCKs?

On 2/25/21 12:31 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Scott,
Requesting (or requiring) subscribing to the TCK mailing list sounds fine by me.
+1
I'm surprised that teams that are actively running the TCK are not currently subscribed.  Normally, there's at least some type of question that comes up with running the TCK, if not challenging...  But, that's actually good news if teams can run the TCK successfully without any hand holding, right?

Agreed.

Are there specific implementations that are not subscribed that you are aware of?

> Maybe just reaching out them to directly would be sufficient.

I like that idea also as it is less "spammy" than commenting on every compatibility request. :-)

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)

Hi, During this weeks platform call we talked about getting user input on their running of TCKs.  Does anyone have suggestions for how we can best reach our TCK users? Could it make sense to: ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
Hi,
During this weeks platform call we talked about getting user input on their running of TCKs.  Does anyone have suggestions for how we can best reach our TCK users?
Could it make sense to:
  1.  Add a comment on all SPEC compatibility requests that mention why they should subscribe to jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxand give TCK user feedback?
  2. Something else?
Thanks,