Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Lead approval for Compatibility request?

Kevin,

I definitely see your point. But I have a question. The EFSP specifically supports the enablement of independent implementations made available under proprietary license terms. Under such licensing approaches sometimes the binaries are available only to paying customers. What would be a reasonable mechanism to support these scenarios given our self-certification approach?

To be clear, I am not certain that this is what is happening in this particular case. But I think it is at least close.

On 2021-02-24 2:33 p.m., Kevin Sutter wrote:
Ed,
I was seeing all of the back-and-forth in this Issue and I thought things were still in state of flux...  Based on this note, I just went out to the CCR and found several of the items that you had already pointed out.  But, I also found a couple of new ones.

I also take exception with the idea that a download link or page is not required.  Every CCR that I have been reviewing, I have been treating this as a requirement.  I know it says "(if applicable)", but I've been holding them to higher standard.  How else can these CCRs stand the test of time?  We need CIs to be long-lived and available on an external, public web site.  Otherwise, as @hantsy pointed out, how else do we know that this request is real?  Granted, none of us will attempt to actually run the tests.  But, I think we need to require a real download executable.

I've posted my comments to the Issue.  I am not ready to approve it yet.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)