From:        Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
To:        "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        "JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions" <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jakarta specification disccusions" <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        10/16/2020 09:53
Subject:        Re: Much more progress on Jakarta EE 9 Specifications!

Another update for week ending Oct 16, 2020 (only one more week to go)...

We made some progress with another four Specifications going to ballot.  Unfortunately, we also had a hiccup where we need re-start the ballot for Annotations...

We identified another Specification that is tied to the Platform, so we are now up to 6 Specification PRs (vs the 5 I reported previously) that are dependent on the Platform.  We are trying to mitigate this big push at the end by allowing pre-ballots on some of these Specification PRs -- knowing that a final re-verification will be necessary once the Platform is complete.
https://github.com/orgs/eclipse-ee4j/projects/17?card_filter_query=label%3Aplatform#column-7346449

This leaves the following 7 Specification PRs which need to get to the ballot stage by next Friday, Oct 23!
Like we did last week, we would like representatives from each of these Projects to attend our Spec Committee meeting on Wednesday, Oct 21, 16:00 UTC, Zoom link - https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/102354706(Password: SpecCmte).  We had a couple of reps attend last week's meeting and we were able to quickly get over their questions about the process.  If your Spec PR makes it to ballot before Wednesday, then you are not required to attend, but you are still welcome!  :-)

You are also welcome to post questions on any of the mailing lists that this message is going to.  I and others on the Spec Committee monitor all of them.  Or, you can find me on Slack in the Jakarta EE Development organization (https://join.slack.com/t/eclipsefoundationhq/shared_invite/zt-crh7mheq-3on2tophEuvQTUGidEAWlg).

Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: