From:        Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/09/2020 13:15
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Java 8 vs Java 11 Compatibility requirements
Sent by:        jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I too would prefer the priority to be Java 8.

Experience with Apache Tomcat (I've been testing Tomcat 10.0.x against
local builds of the EL, JSP, WebSocket and Servlet TCKs with Java 8 and
Java 11) suggests that Java 11 issues are more likely to be with the TCK
than the implementation.

Those four particular TCKs should be ready for both Java 8 and Java 11
but they are, or course, only a subset.

Mark