Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Inconsistency on the term "pruned"

jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/20/2020 12:15:25:

> From: "Steve Millidge (Payara)" <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-
> dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Date: 05/20/2020 12:15
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Inconsistency on
> the term "pruned"

> Sent by: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Yes we did mean removed.

Check.

> Rereading the Jakarta EE 8 platform spec to me that section outlines
> a 2 step process rather than defining Pruned = Optional .

Agree, it was a two step process.  But, I quoted the final paragraph of section 6.1.3 that states pruned == optional.

> However I’m not wired to be concerned about normative definitions
> and things so I will leave detailed comments and conclusions to
> those that are. It was probably me that messed up by writing pruned
> rather than removed in the release plan in the first place :)

I'm not as picky either.  If it was just up to me, I would go ahead with my planned updates and see how the comments fall out.  But, since this type of change has such a ripple effect, maybe even across other Specifications, I'd rather get a general direction put in place first.

Thanks!
Kevin