From: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: 20 May 2020 05:04
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Updating 3rd party dependencies to jakarta

Ideally, the owners of these code bases will make and maintain the updates. Or at very least accept your contributions. From the perspective of the Eclipse IP Policy, the resulting libraries would then be new versions of existing third party dependencies and subject to IP review/vetting.

If you do end up needing to create a fork of anything at the Eclipse Foundation, the nature of the dependency changes from being third party to (effectively) being project code and so further due diligence may be required. Check in with the IP Team before you start forking repositories.

My recommendation is to first get a sense of what you need to do technically, and I'll help you sort out the best way forward with respect to the IP Policy.

Wayne