Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] New Jakarta EE 9 server implementation

Hi,

Piranha itself is fully implemented from scratch. It's not based on anything from the GlassFish code base.

It does however use components from the GlassFish project. E.g. Mojarra for Faces, Soteria for EE Security, etc.

It also uses some components from the OmniFaces project, namely Elios for Authentication and Exousia for Authorization. Both of these use code from the GlassFish project as well, so those projects in their entirety as well as the original files used are placed under the original license. See e.g. https://github.com/omnifaces/exousia/blob/master/src/main/java/org/omnifaces/exousia/constraints/transformer/ConstraintValue.java

Hope this makes it more clear.

Kind regards,
Arjan