Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removing Jakarta Enterprise Web Services, JSR 109 from GlassFish or not?

Hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 5:42 PM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMHO it is less work to keep it there and update it - and I believe it
is already done - then remove it.

Currently jsr109-impl in GlassFish uses the javax.* packages still, so with the jakarta-ized Grizzly it doesn't compile.

E.g. this one would not compile:

public class EjbWSAdapter extends ServletHandler {

    public EjbWSAdapter() {
        super(new EjbWSServletConfig(new WebappContext("EjbWSAdapter")));
        this.setServletInstance(new EjbWebServiceServlet());
        try {
            this.servletInstance.init(getServletConfig());
        } catch (Exception ignored) {
        }
    }

I'll look at staging Grizzly 3.0.0-M1 and then integrate and update jsr109-impl at the same time (hoping Metro will play along).

Kind regards,
Arjan

thanks,
--lukas