Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Question about removing Jakarta Deployment (JSR-88) in Jakarta EE 9 porting package...

I’ve just pruned that api from GlassFish so I’m not understanding the implications. Do I need to put it back?

From: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Marlow
Sent: 27 April 2020 15:00
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Question about removing Jakarta Deployment (JSR-88) in Jakarta EE 9 porting package...

Hi,

Could the Eclipse Jakarta Platform TCK 9.0.0 release include the javax.enterprise.deploy.spi interfaces, in support of the porting package use of the (pruned in EE 9) Jakarta Deployment API?

This might help Eclipse Jakarta EE implementations that currently use the Jakarta Deployment API for their TCK testing.

Note that EE 9 implementations are not expected to include (pruned) Jakarta Deployment API/implementation classes, but that is a different issue than I'm asking about.

Scott