[jakartaee-platform-dev] Removal of old signature files?

Hi,
As we were reviewing this Update to the EL TCK PR, a question was posted by Bill about whether the old signature files should be removed or not.

Specificallly, take a look at this directory.  Is there any reason to keep the old javax.* signature files?  Since we won't be shipping anything with the javax.* namespace, my vote is to remove them as the new ones for the jakarta.* namespace are introduced.  Anybody see an issue with this approach?

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: