Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [POLL] Would you support the as-is javax JAXB and JAX-WS in your implementation

That can also be achieved via java.lang.instrument.Instrumentation.
It's perfectly possible to do that either at build time (if you get a jar which uses old javax APIs) or at load time.
I've made a prototype some months ago when I migrated Apache Meecrowave and many of our Geronimo spec-apis to jakarta.*
There are some smallish hurdles, e.g. also transform java.util.service files. I solved this by tweaking our WebAppClassLoader.
But that's pretty much it. No need to keep it old.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 04.12.2019 um 00:00 schrieb Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> I still think that this is asking the wrong question.
>
> Because our product would want to provide compatibility for Java EE 8
> applications, we would have to do (a).

Back to the top