Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] NEW VOTE 3: Optional Specs for the javax namespace

On Dec 4, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't understand this comment:
 If Jakarta Activation is voted to move to the jakarta namespace, then these Specs can not be optional due to the dependencies.
As far as I can tell, none of these specs have any API dependencies on Activation, although it's used in the implementation of some of them.  Is there something I'm missing?  Why does the package name of Activation control whether or not these can be optional?

Here's the bytecode analysis for Activation and how the dominoes fall:

If there's anything incorrect or avoidable in there let's definitely discuss.  Always better to have more choices if we possibly can.

-David