Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [proposal] new votes

However a big thing to consider is that all the EJB TCKs will need to be updated to support all this Old EJB CMP stuff etc. and so will the open source compatible implementation and I'm not sure anybody is up for doing the work to get old pre-JPA entity bean code updated and passing the TCK in the Jakarta namespace. Payara for one don't have the resources for that.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of David Blevins
Sent: 03 December 2019 10:04
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [proposal] new votes

It's very difficult to know how to split up the EJB items into groups people would be happy voting on.

In effort to sincerely move things forward, it might be better just to state what we see is workable.

> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean interoperability

Ok to remove from Jakarta EE and EJB.

> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean entity beans
> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean 2.x and 1.x client view
> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean  Embeddable Container

Migrate from javax to jakarta.  Allow them to be optionally supported in some way.

We definitely would want to avoid another vote where EJB items are put in the same group as JAXR, JAX-RPC, Deployment and Management as those are easily removable without consequence.

-David