[jakartaee-platform-dev] Deprecate JSR-352 and rework JSR-236

Hi all,

Pls deprecate JSR-352.

I have practical experiences with JSR-352.
It is very problematic API.
The @Transactional, scopes and qualifier do not work in there.
You would not be able to inject the EntityManager produced by CDI producer.
If you inject it via @PersistenceContext, the connection would not be closed because here is no scope of batch in terms of Java EE.
Basically there are outstanding EE beans in this API and therefore it works as another Java SE API and it does not look like.
Additionally nowadays such jobs are useless without injecting Cloud orchestrator, e.g. Consul, because there you would observe URL pointing to the service executing the Batch Step. Forking such Step would be essential as a new option in a new API.

Pls rework JSR-236.

It is a new problematic API.
I reported issues against the Wildfly due to this API is not practicle in commercial EE world.
You do not have real beans in the executed Task in the ThreadPool.
If you have a producer of EntityManager, these Task bean won't see it!
You won't be able to use the scopes because again as in the previous JSR they do not have the end and therefore the JDBC connection is permanently open.
Pls support using CDI beans in the concurrent Task beans without any additional need to construct them via Proxy.

Cheers
Tibor17

Back to the top