From:        Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx>
Date:        11/23/2019 20:52
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Continue semantic versioningdiscussion...
Sent by:        jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, that's correct.

Werner Keil wrote on 11/23/19 9:39 AM:

Bill,

Thanks, that pointer is really helpful.

Are the versioning rules for all non-final artifacts therefore also applicable to e.g. Jakarta NoSQL and how would you say this should be for the upcoming first „Early Draft“ or „Milestone“ release of NoSQL?

Let me Sketch something how I think it could work for JNoSQL/Jakarta NoSQL

(I left the OSGI aspect out for the sake of simplicity)

NoSQL:

    API_PACKAGE=jakarta.nosql

    IMPL_NAMESPACE=org.eclipse.jnosql

    STANDALONE_IMPL=true

    SPEC_VERSION=1.0

    SPEC_IMPL_VERSION=1.0.0

    IMPL_VERSION=1.0.0

    NEW_SPEC_VERSION=1.0

    SPEC_BUILD=01

    NEW_IMPL_VERSION=1.0

    IMPL_BUILD=01

    API jar file:         jakarta.nosql-api.jar

      Maven group ID, artifact ID:   jakarta.nosql:jakarta.nosql-api

      Maven version:      1.0-b01

      jar Extension-Name:     jakarta.nosql

      jar Specification-Version:  1.0.0.01

      jar Implementation-Version: 1.0-b01

    Implementation jar file:  jakarta.nosql.jar

      Maven group ID, artifact ID:   org.eclipse.jnosql:jnosql.parent

      Maven version:      1.0-b01

      jar Extension-Name:     jakarta.nosql

      jar Specification-Version:  1.0.0.01

      jar Implementation-Version: 1.0-b01

Does that sound about right?

Of course the implementation has multiple modules,  I only showed the parent here because it should be applicable to all others in a same way.

Thanks,

Werner