Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to Prune in Jakarta EE 9

So that deprecating or deleting something means that all the vendors of application servers should be informed beforehand. Removing some important spec like JSR-109 means that it might be missing for the vendor. Definitely the specs have to be updated. If the Jakarta EE wants to prune the EAR archive then it has to be made in JSR-109 as well.
I would personally agree on all the list except the JSR-109 and there is a reason - dependent specifications. Updating the specs is just fine.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:02 AM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry I don’t understand the comment?

From: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Tibor Digana
Sent: 25 November 2019 10:00
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to Prune in Jakarta EE 9

Steve,

We are not important. It's not done for us!

Cheers

Tibor17

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 10:53 AM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kenji,

As Alasdair says is there some subset you can agree on for pruning? Also as Bill says in response to my comment on making JAX-WS optional what’s the practical difference between optional in Jakarta EE 9 and available as an updated spec outside of the Jakarta EE 9 full profile?

Steve