Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Prune EJB Embeddable Container?

As the guy who worked heavily to put this in based on an OpenEJB feature, it's heavily used in our camp.

It does seem however, that at the spec level we've been slowly backing away from it due to pressure from vendors who don't want to support it; having been downgraded from required to optional.

Rather than removing it as our very first act as an open community, I'd personally prefer to spend a spec cycle seeing how well supported it is and if there aren't things that can be addressed to make it more desirable to implement.

Being perfectly honest, this feature is Spring Boot before there was a Spring Boot.  Our mistake was not going full tilt and pushing this at a platform level.  If we had, we'd have dominated the Uber Jar space back in 2009.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins