NoSQL
If Jakarta NoSQL is ready, I would say it is a candidate as well

Ivar

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:35 AM Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FYI: As you mention it, JAX-RS 2.2 supports but not mandates Java 11 and contains optional (hence non-breaking) features. That work is done already. Breaking features and mandatory support for Java 9+ is planned for a later release.

-Markus

Von: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Kevin Sutter
Gesendet: Montag, 4. November 2019 03:46
An: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Betreff: [jakartaee-platform-dev] No new specifications for Jakarta EE 9

Since we're trying to nail down the Jakarta EE 9 content before early December, I'm going to start a few separate threads to discuss the major topics.

In the post about the Jakarta EE 9 Roadmap, Ivar mentioned this statement:

  • States that no new specifications are to be added, apart from specifications pruned from Java SE 8 where appropriate, unless those specifications clearly will not impact the target delivery date.

So, let's pretend that we're entertaining some new or updated specifications for Jakarta EE 9.  Which ones are we talking about here?  I'm not looking for a "wish list", but what specification projects are ready to step up to either new or updated specs for Jakarta EE 9?  I'm looking for input from team members that activitely participating on these specifications.  For example, I've heard rumblings of an update to JAX-RS, JSON-B, and maybe JMS.  We need to figure out if these type of updates will be part of Jakarta EE 9, or move to Jakarta EE 10.

Just for giggles, let's assume the delivery date for Jakarta EE 9 is 2Q2020 -- just to put a boundary on this new/updated specificaiton discussion.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: