Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta EE 9 proposed plan

On 2019-10-10 4:48 a.m., Edwin Amoakwa wrote:
2. Maybe I still don't fully understand this relationship : I thought Oracle gave JavaEE to Eclipse so the community will drive it. From the last couple of messages on this mailing list,  it looks and feels like Oracle is calling the shots and telling us what they want to do. (Just that we agree with majority of their proposals)

This is *not* Oracle calling the shots. This is Bill Shannon of Oracle providing community leadership by putting in his time and energy to draft a strawman for the community to provide feedback on. Bill has been super open and accommodating to all suggestions and feedback. But someone has to create a draft for people to comment on, and Bill has done a great job in doing so.

The project proposal is not final until the Platform project says it is. In the meantime, please provide your feedback!

Thanks.

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

Back to the top