[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Using chatrooms for spec development
- From: Emmanuel Bernard <ebernard@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 16:59:49 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
If people go the chat room way. Please ensure that you run under the following assumptions:
- 99% of people will not read the chat room so assume that the knowledge is not propagated
- send as a follow up email any pre-agreement reached in the chat and don't be despaired if the decision entirely changes when more eyeballs are looking at the problem via email
We have used this approach in the past for Bean Validation with decent success.
PS: I personally not a big Gitter fan to say the least but then IM client is the new vim vs emacs problem, just harder.
Currently the only organization-level communication for JakartaEE and its various specs happens on the mailing lists or Github issues, but for more fast-paced conversations some sort of chatroom/IM is valuable.
I have used Gitter in the past for Eclipse projects (e.g. Eclipse MicroProfile) and it works quite well.
Would people be open to starting an official Gitter (or other) chatroom for JakartaEE projects?
- Andy Guibert
jakartaee-platform-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit