Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] How do I contribute to Jakarta EE as an individual committer?

Thanks to all suggestions. I would also suggest for the time being to put a link in the jakartaee GitHub wiki to existing

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jakarta_EE

just to make sure developers expecting information on that wiki have a pointer where to look for the information. I will take an action to do this.

Best,

Tanja

On 2019-06-27 10:42 a.m., Edward Bratt wrote:

e we have found is that the Eclipse wiki appears to be one place where anyone in the community can become an author (If I recall, all that's needed is an Eclipse account, but I'm sure someone will set me straight if that's incorrect). The GitHub repositories all have write-access limitations, specific to the project within which they reside.

Personally, I would prefer this lives someplace that other community members could, if they are so inclined, make updates directly.

Let's try this -- start with the Eclipse wiki, add some pointers from various top-level locations (https://jakarta.ee, github.com/eclipse-ee4j/wiki, github.com/jakartaee/wiki etc.) and see if that helps. If we are still having this trouble in a month or two, we can look for another home location. You think that works for you (and anyone else reading this thread)?

--

Tanja Obradovic

Jakarta EE Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @TanjaEclipse