Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java EE Guardians Statement on Oracle/Eclipse Agreement

I would like to point out an argument that goes down in the discussion a little bit.

We at Imixs-Workflow develop a workflow engine fully integrated into the Java EE stack.  A replacement of jakarta* at a one-time means to us one new major release.

If Javax * is gradually replaced, we will also have to force a new minor release in our project every time. Of course this is not a big deal. The problem, however, is that our community needs to know which version of Imixs workflow is now running on which version of Jakarta EE. In addition we will have to maintain different branches in the future only because of the different Jakarat jakarta* packages.

So this is my argument to replace the packages at one-time and leave it again stable for the next 10 years.

Anyone who runs an legacy application can run it on one of the many Java EE servers.

===
Ralph