Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java EE Guardians Statement on Oracle/Eclipse Agreement

that’s a good point on the versioning Edwin,
As Payara team, we’ve been doing that kind of versioning for quite some time and it really eases the whole process of doing releases with fixes and such. A codename could also provide a nice indicator for the release wagon as well.

I am also reluctant on gradual renaming and more into a big bang where we change the whole namespace to jakarta for packages, configurations, environment variables and etc. This would definitely provide less ambiguity for users who would want to use the brand new release.

As Josh mentioned, I also think that MicroProfile will make sense as a "profile" of Jakarta EE. There is a good deal of vendors providing solid APIs on metrics, healthcheck & such and those would be more visible under the umbrella of Jakarta EE.

Mert.