Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

HI all,

I was trying to catch up on this package transitioning topic. And there's a question that was bugging me more and more, deeper I was into the thread.

We are trying to decide which approach to use to migrate the javax packages. But is there any guarantee that, let's say in N years, we won't be in exactly the same situation, migrating from jakarta to some other package?

I'm not great when it comes to legal/licensing questions, but I think it would be great, if possible, to somehow ensure that jakarta package stays open no matter what. This would make the platform more attractive and safer to use. If that's already in place somewhere I would be thankful if someone can point me in the right direction.

Have a nice day,
Marko

Back to the top