Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] How to name implementation of javax.* and jakarta.* APIs?

On 2019-05-24 4:43 p.m., Lilian BENOIT wrote:
Thanks Mike for this clarification.

We will be interest to knowing if we could use acronyms for future.

Unfortunately, that is a more complicated question. It is clear that Oracle would prefer that we do not.

For example, JPA or JMS. Jakarta could replace Java . It was spirit of blog post https://blogs.eclipse.org/post/wayne-beaton/renaming-java-ee-specifications-jakarta-ee

CDI haven't the word Java in its acronym. Why should we change it ?

A other example is JAX-RS, using a new acronyms will be harmful more that renaming package.
For developers, he should looking for Jakarta REST (one proposition in mailing-list) on Internet. He will found no information or little. All information (Documentation, tutorial, answer) of JAX-RS will be lost.

Regards,
Lilian.