Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

Hi,

Sorry, I misspoke on backward compatibility.
It's clearly a advantage of Java EE (and Jakarta EE on the future, i hope)

I want say when we want upgrade an application to Java EE N to Java EE N+1, It's not magic. It's a human action. But It's a cost. That is why some applications servers supports multiple versions of Java EE.

Currently, we have 2 two proposals : Big Bang or Incremental approach.

But we have no roadmap, no perspectives of evolution. To disengage from Oracle as "ultimate evil" is not a goal of all community.
(disclaimer : I don't say that Oracle is "ultimate evil")

If we have one direction, if we known how many specifications evolve in future, It would be easier to choose a scenario.

Perhaps, we have another proposal. We can add new specification as Configuration, NoSQL and other without modification javaee specification.

We will have a Java EE 9 with new features for developers and no problem of backward compatibility.
In parallel, we could construct a new perspectives for Jakarta EE.

Regards,
Lilian.