Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] about the status of atinject

Hi,

I fully understand your desire to get atInject changed but I'm not
really happy if atInject gets forked because it is not only used in
Spring/JavaEE applications but in simple Java-Applications via Google
Guice or Eclipse DI to name 2 libraries implementing the standard.

Forking it means that you potentially put pressure not only to EE world
but the rest of the Java ecosystem. If I'm not wrong it is still
possible to evolve atInject but you need to keep it in the JCP, would
that be the better way to go for atInject.

I fully understand that those frameworks could still use the "legacy"
javax-namespace but you open the door for fragmentation in a part of the
java ecosystem who would not have been affected at all!

Tom