Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

Hi All,

The package name change needs to happen already in Jakarta EE 8.

If we wait until Jakarta EE 9 or later, hardly anyone will still use or consider Jakarta. When is Jakarta EE 9 scheduled? Maybe end of 2020 or later? That means that in a period of 3 years or more we didn't release anything new. One of the rules is that you should only consider an open-source library which is 'active'. I do not think that we fall in that category if we do not release something useful in a 3 year period!

The fastest, but with a breaking change, is proposal 1 - Big Bang (but now and not within a year or so). Replacing the import statements in the application code or a java agent within the runtime are easy to do!.

Regards
Rudy